A blog about Victorian miniatures, some historical and some definately not!

Thursday 25 February 2010

Atlantis Campaign

The nice chaps from the VSF message board at Lead Adventure Forum are in the early stages of a campaign based on the Lost Continent of Atlantis, set circa 1890 . I was quite keen to take part when it was first mooted last year, in fact its been the major spur to get some painting done. I have been allocated a small island just off Atlantis to game on rather than the main Island. This suits me as I hope to get Mors Junior and even Mors Minor involved, I have created a map so that we can see how the exploration of the island develops. The Imperial Japanese Army under the command of General Yugo are the first expedition to land. They will soon be involved in a skirmish with a  so far unknown quasi military force. Later other forces will be involved, including most of my DA miniatures. This coming saturday I have been invited to game for a day at a pub in Twickenham by the other members of the board so I have been trying to finish off as many Japanese as possible. Here are my finished units so far.
C-in C General Yugo


Kinokaruta Taro


Eagle Eye Sakamoto


Imperial Guard Infantry


Line Infantry


Smoke Stalkers


Major Nori of the Imperial Guard


Tatsuhiro Mechanified Infantry Suit


Bishi Steam Walker


Mitsu Scout Steam Armoured Car

We will be playing Battles by G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T rules , which I have been reading through this week. I will try and post some pics of the game next week .

1 comment:

  1. John these look fantastic. Make sure you take lots of pictures of your engagement to put up next week, I look forward to it

    ReplyDelete